The fundamental issues as perceived on my own and by peers I have spoken to are as follows:
- As curators we want web tools to be as flexible as possible in terms of what portions of content to save. So far this is a goal to pursue and not a reality.
- Search. Whatever tools we use need to have the ability to search for content across all platforms on the internet including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, blogs, news sites, streaming media, etc. The curation tools that best search and deliver relevant content will be at the top of my own list.
- Customization. I want the ability to design the page of content I am presenting in a variety of formats akin to customizable templates in Blogger or Word Press.
- Support. As long as a company has a timely response support team, I feel comfortable both using web tools and recommending them to others.
- Longevity. I would really like to feel the tools I am committing to using for forward facing marketing projects will still be around in 5 years.
Keepstream is one of the tools I believe could end up delivering the level of flexibility desired in a content curation tool. Personally I'd love to see the guys from Cleveland get the opportunity to continue the project. Professionally I am urgently awaiting the type of web content curation tool that makes my life easier and my clients happy at the same time.
See a recent collection embedded below using Keepstream's auto-generated embed code below. Connect with Greg Ackerman here.
Gonna havta miss #theenglishbeat tonight...:/
FREE-FOR-ALL SUNDAY: The English Beat - "Save it For Later" This tune has been bouncing around my brain since I... http://fb.me/u8cr0EKT
Wow, my old Ladies from the 80s Barbie doll slideshow is 4th top slideshow on Examiner Austin right now and English Beat is #1!
The official Bad Manners and English Beat after party is here at Bull Mc Cabes after the thursday night Emos... http://fb.me/GHLTtTpx
@leebert oh rock on - you're coming too? I'll be there until I leave to see The English Beat at Emos.
English Beat plays at Emo's in Austin, Dave Wakeling chats with Examiner http://bit.ly/cqhD7n
English Beat plays at Emo's in Austin, Dave Wakeling chats with Examiner: The current English Beat US lineup featu... http://bit.ly/bDpONy
(Dont) Save it for Later: The English Beat's Dave Wakeling, Interviewed: You had songs like "End of the Party," wh... http://bit.ly/dnfbYV
(Dont) Save it for Later: The English Beat's Dave Wakeling, Interviewed: The movement became known as the second w... http://bit.ly/abuW2f
(Dont) Save it for Later: The English Beat's Dave Wakeling, Interviewed: With some water under the bridge, you hav... http://bit.ly/9ZRn8C
English Beat plays at Emo's in Austin, Dave Wakeling chats with Examiner: The English Beat played on Thursday, Sep... http://bit.ly/9ozpT0
This is a classic interview with Dave Wakeling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFpqZMKZ4YI
Greg took this awesome pic of Dave Wakeling and I http://twitpic.com/2kv6jn
At Emo's. Just left Dave Wakeling's tour bus and now I'm hanging out on the bleachers.
@g_ack as in "mirror in the bathroom" and "save it for later" English Beat?
Photo: Dave Wakeling and the English Beat ~ Soundcheck — at Emo's http://gowal.la/c/2qkuu?139